Teaching Tip: Color-Coded Organization
The beginning of a new school year provides an opportunity to reinforce your students' organization skills. Encourage your students to use a color-coding system in which each class is assigned its own color. Then encourage your students to:
- use color-coded tabs in their notebooks to keep their notes for each subject separate.
- keep their work for each class in its own color-coded folder.
- avoid putting unneeded items in their bookbags and lockers.
- use sticky flags to mark the beginnings and ends of reading assignments.
- use color-coded round stickers to highlight the dates of tests and due dates for assignments on a wall calendar.