Teaching Tip: Making Decisions
As students get older, they must make an increasing number of important decisions. You can help your students make appropriate decisions by teaching them to go through the following steps.
- Clearly identify what it is that you have to make a decision about.
- Identify the possible choices you can make.
- Identify the criteria you will use to make your choice.
- Identify the positives and negatives about each possible choice with regard to your criteria.
- Select the choice that has the most positives and fewest negatives with regard to your criteria.