Teaching Tip: Gifted Students
Here are some things to do if you have gifted students in your class.
- Provide them with opportunities to make choices about what they learn and how they learn it.
- Provide them with opportunities to work with each other.
- Provide them with complex and challenging assignments.
- Allow them to pursue independent study projects.
- Provide opportunities for them to engage in higher order thinking such as divergent thinking and critical thinking.
require gifted students to relearn what they already know simply because it is in the curriculum.