Teaching Tip: Using Numbers
Familiarize your students with the many ways we use numbers.
- Quantity: There are usually 8 slices in a pizza.
- Distance: Yesterday our boy scout troop hiked 15 miles.
- Height: The ceiling in my living room is 9 feet high.
- Weight: I am now able to lift 120 pounds.
- Cost: I had to pay $1.50 for this can of soda.
- Position: I was pleased that I finished first in the competition.
The more ways in which your students learn how numbers are used in our lives, the more comfortable they will become with math