Teaching Tip: Positive Classroom Environment
Students learn best in a positive classroom environment. Here are some simple things you can do to provide a positive environment.
- Provide praise and compliments.
- Encourage students when they have difficulty.
- Pay attention to each student as an individual.
- Maintain eye contact with a pleasant facial expression.
- Speak in a pleasant voice.
- Make your classroom student-centered rather than teacher-centered.
- Communicate positive expectations that are reasonable and realistic.