Teaching Tip: Class Newsletter
A class newsletter is an informal way to communicate with parents. Here are some of the many things you can include in a newsletter.
- Announcement of upcoming events.
- Items parents should have at home for class projects.
- Explanation of your classroom rules.
- Explanation of your grading policies.
- Various kinds of reminders.
- Samples of students' writing and artwork.
- Description of community resources that can supplement what you are teaching such as a museum exhibit.
Keep the length of your newsletter to one sheet front and back. Sending home a biweekly newsletter will keep it current. Finally, and most important, proofread your newsletter carefully.