Teaching Tip: Professional Records
With the increasing emphasis on teacher evaluation, it is more important than ever to maintain your professional records. Here are some things you should save and organize.
- College transcripts
- Certificates of completion of training
- Performance evaluations by administrators
- Letters of recommendation
- Samples of your best lesson plans
- Samples of outstanding student work
- Photos of your best bulletin boards and learning centers
Keep your resume up to date by adding each of your professional accomplishments as they occur. If you try to create a resume only when asked for one, you will very likely omit things that should be there.