|Impressing Your Teacher
It is a fact of school life that your final grades are assigned by your teachers. Teachers base your grades on performance measures such as homework completion, test scores, written papers, and oral presentations. Beyond these performance measures, teachers also take into account their impression of you as a member of their class.
Here are 25 things you can do to create a favorable impression with your teachers.
- Come to class prepared for that day’s session.
- Show a positive attitude about the class.
- Ask relevant questions.
- Participate in discussions.
- Arrive in class on time.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
- Pay attention.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Help the teacher when appropriate.
- Dress neatly.
- Be pleasant.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Show self-control.
- Put forth your best effort.
- Follow directions.
- Keep your desk or work space neat.
- Take notes.
- Avoid confrontations with your teachers.
- Unless otherwise directed, turn off all electronics such an iPod or cell phone.
- Be a good listener.
- Show respect.
- Turn in assignments before their due date.
- Do extra credit assignments.
- Show concern for the other students.
- Show that you have learned from your teachers’ feedback.
Creating a favorable impression is a good thing to do in any aspect of your life. Creating a good impression with your teachers can help you achieve better grades.