Teaching Tip: Improving Writing
Here are some things you can do to improve your students' writing skills.
- Encourage your students to use a dictionary and thesaurus when writing. Have these available for students to use.
- Point out students' errors in written work. Have your students make the corrections themselves, providing any guidance needed.
- Correct errors in students' spoken language. Students tend to write the way they talk.
- Have students be watchful for errors in your written work. Make the corrections with the students.
- Provide as many opportunities as possible for students to write.Practice does make perfect.