Demonstrations are an effective way to teach skills. Here are some guidelines to follow when making a demonstration.
- Make sure you all have all necessary equipment and materials available.
- Explain the purpose of the demonstration.
- Be certain that all students have a clear view of the demonstration.
- Focus students' attention on each step of the demonstration.
- Explain the importance of each step.
- Ask students questions at various points during the demonstration.
- Keep the demonstration as short as possible to maintain attention.