The class lecture format is an important way to communicate information to students. Here are some guidelines to follow when you use this format.
- Don't try to cover too much information in one lecture.
- Provide an organization for the points you present.
- Provide appropriate examples and illustrations.
- Use visual tools as appropriate such as overheads and videos.
- Lecture at a pace that is not too fast so that students can take notes, but is not too slow so that students lose interest.
- Repeat points when you sense that students are not understanding what you are saying.
- Be enthusiastic about what you are saying.