You may find that you are required to teach science as one of your class periods. Don't just rely on having your students memorize a bunch of facts. Make science fun and interesting. Here are some ways you can do this.
- Use an inquiry technique in which you prompt students to ask questions about aspects of science in which they have interest. Guide your students to find the answers to their questions. This promotes investigation on their part.
- Have your students collect their own data. For example, they can calculate the number of calories they consume in a day.
- Provide hands-on activities such as planting seeds and then watering them.
- Assign students to groups. At the beginning of the week assign each group a problem. Have each group report their solutions at the end of the week.
- Have students write reports on books about famous scientists.